Addressing childcare challenges faced by your employees will help ease the stress of balancing work and family commitments, fostering increased job satisfaction and productivity, ultimately reducing employee turnover.
Learn about Childcare Assistance for Your Employees
As a community partner, you can help to increase employee retention and improve productivity by helping to address childcare challenges. More parents are now eligible for financial assistance to help find adequate childcare through the Childcare Development and Care (CDC) Program.
Join the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity and the Michigan Department of Education Wednesdays in June from 12-12:30 p.m. to learn about resources to help parents with the cost of childcare. Learn more about the CDC Program including program eligibility, the application process, and how parents can find childcare in their area.
As an employer, training provider or community partner you can support parents by:
- Attending a 30-minute presentation to learn more about the CDC Program
- Posting flyers in breakrooms or common areas (attached below)
- Sharing information about the CDC Program in informational sessions or through internal communication
Register for one of the informational sessions by clicking on the link below. Attendees will receive a copy of the presentation to share with their employees.
- Wednesday, June 8, 2022, 12 – 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022, 12 – 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 12 – 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 12 – 12:30 p.m.
Early childhood is a community effort. Take a look at these additional resources that may be helpful to you or your employees:
Office of Employment and Training
Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity
Koppinger & Associates – helping you create a healthy, inviting workplace that not only retains valuable employees, but also attracts them.